Today’s Inspirational Quote

Rainbow woman

“Life is 10% what you make it, and 90% how you take it.”

The 10% refers to the actual amount of control we personally have in what happens to us in life. It therefore follows that we are 90% at the mercy of influences we have no control over. This is just a tad disturbing don’t you think? I expect, like me, you thought it would be more 50/50? However, it does makes sense. Imagine the 10% is a small stone or pebble that you toss into a deep, still pool of water. See the ripples expanding outwards, and outwards, and outwards…..well that’s the other 90%. The 10% we initiate causes a reaction that may have far reaching consequences, either favourable or not so favourable for us. The way we individually respond and react shapes us into the person we become in life. How do you think you’ve done so far?

Daily Inspirational Quote by Cathi Bew - contact her at