Every time you do a practice to cultivate your inner awareness, make sure that you remove all potential distractions in your physical universe. Turn off your phone. Close your laptop. Even close your door. If you are hungry, eat a snack. If you’re thirsty, have some water. It’s hard to create a sense of peacefulness with cotton mouth. You may not be able to stop all possible distractions, but if you manage those that you know about, it will help A LOT!
Good. Focusing on your breath consciously for 15 minutes will slow your brain down. It will fill your brain with oxygen and energize you.
Start with a few cleansing breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth. Let your body relax and sink into where you are sitting or lying down.
Once you feel relaxed, close your eyes and move your awareness to your breath. Follow your inhale and then your exhale. Do three to five of these breaths you follow, or until you can visualize in your mind easily the path of your breath. In through your nose; down your throat; into your lungs; then expelled and up and out of your mouth.
In your mind, allow yourself to see very vividly a color that evokes strong positive emotions like peace, vitality, joy, power, safety, abundance, etc.
- Inhale deeply through your nose the color that came to you. See it filling your lungs and spreading through your body.
- Exhale Black, focusing while you exhale on drawing the energy up and out of your feet. See the heaviness and negative energy leaving your body in the dark exhale. Sometimes I have to exhale multiple times on this one. Do what feels right to you.
- Inhale deeply through your nose. See the color that came to you being drawn fully into your lungs, and see it spreading through your body.
- Exhale Grey, focusing while you exhale on drawing the energy up and out of your body. See in your mind’s eye all energy that is not yours leaving your body.
- Inhale deeply through your nose. See the color that came to you being drawn fully into your lungs and going to any spot in your body that hasn’t been filled with it.
- Exhale White, focusing while you exhale on drawing the energy up and out of your body. See in your mind’s eye all excess energy or recurring patterns of energy like plumes of steam leaving your mouth.
- Inhale deeply through your nose. See the color that came to you being drawn fully into your lungs and going to the place in your body where the energy you created is needed.
- Exhale the color that came to you, knowing that you have cleared your body of any stress or heaviness. Your body is filled with the energy you choose for it.
Post Exercise Notes:
It is worthwhile to write down your experience after doing an exercise like this. What situations, circumstances, or people floated through your mind as you exhaled and cleared? Make this kind of clearing a daily practice, and you will find that your physical energy level will remain high, and that your brain will also be clear as well!
*If you are really stressed, try releasing tension in each body part one at a time. Take a deep breath and imagine that expansive feeling filling your hands, arms, shoulders, chest, abdomen, hips, thighs, calves, feet, etc., and as you exhale, release any stress you are holding outward. Repeat if necessary.
Blessings on your journey!
Shoshanna French is a Coach and an Intuitive. She has been providing clarity and guidance for clients all over the world for the last 17 years. She offers one-on-one sessions, coaching, and intuitive development. Whether you are ready to develop your intuition or want to remove blocks to living your life fully, she offers a service to support you. You can find out more
information about Shoshanna and her business at Simple Spirit, or connect with her on Faceook and Twitter.